Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a simple way to cook a beef curry, the use of cabbage gives this dish a different slant. Not many ingredients so give it a go. You could omit the noodles and serve with boiled rice.
- 1 lb steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup sliced green beans
- 1⁄4 lb noodles
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Heat the oil and brown the onions and garlic.
- Add the curry powder and coriander, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and brown it on all sides, add the coconut milk, cover and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Add the beans and noodles, cook for 10 mins,.
- add the cabbage and cook for 5 minutes.
It was delicious. We tripled the recommended curry - using yellow curry powder - after seeing the reviews finding it bland. Add a few slices of fresh pineapple on the side, and this becomes a beautiful meal.
This was a little bland, I have to aggree. I'm going to add some chili powder next time to give it some zing. Thanks!
Very delish! I loved the sauce, though it was slightly bland.