Brian Holley's Note:
This simple curry is full of flavour, and is served with noodles and fried rice. The cabbage and coconut go so well together, you'll be amazed. We have this dish often, never any left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pot and fry the onions till golden.
- 2Add the garlic, curry powder and coriander, cook for two minutes.
- 3Add the meat and salt, cook till meat browns.
- 4Add the coconut milk, cover the pot and simmer for 40 mins stirring every five minutes.
- 5Add the beans and noodles, cook for 15 minutes.
- 6In a pan heat the remaining oil and butter, fry the rice till light golden colour.
- 7Cover the pan and remove from the heat, allow to stand.
- 8Add the cabbage to the curry and cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Serve the curry over the fried rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Indonesian Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1880.8
- Calories from Fat 1179
- Total Fat 131.0 g
- Saturated Fat 74.7 g
- Cholesterol 232.5 mg
- Sodium 375.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.3 g
- Sugars 23.7 g
- Protein 63.2 g