Indo-Italian Fusion Ravioli
- Steam the washed spinach leaves till soft.Completely drain any water released by the leaves.
- In a food processor, combine the Paneer, spinach, chilli ginger, Salt, chopped Mint leaves and aamchur, pulse till the Paneer is coarsely crumbled. Set aside.
- Make the Ravioli dough by combining & kneading together, the all purpose flour, salt and water. Cover with a wet kitchen towel and set aside.
- Grind the onions, Garlic, Garam masala, ginger and Cashew nuts into a paste.
- Heat Ghee, add this paste and Saute till the Raw onion/garlic smell disappears, add tomato puree, turmeric powder, Salt & pepper and stir for about 3 minutes, mix in the cream/ milk, stir in & remove from the stove.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface, spoon the Paneer mix and fold over as shown MAKE SURE that there are no air pockets when you seal the paneer filling, or else, the raviolis will 'explode' when cooking them.
- cut into raviolis using either a ravioli maker or a simple pastry wheel (in which case, seal the edges firmly by hand).
- In a large pot, set water to boil with salt added inches After the water has really started bubbling away, gently add the Raviolis which will initially sink to the bottom, when they rise remove them from the water and place on the serving dish. Spoon the Makhani gravy over the pasta, garnish with Cilantro & serve hot.