Recipe by luvcook'n
Although this is for two people...I always adjust the ingredients to make it in a 9x13 pan. The zucchini is used in place of noodles.
- 2 zucchini, about 5-inch long
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 slice toast
- 2⁄3 cup pasta sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice zucchini is long thin strips.
- Combine zucchini and 1 tbsp water in skillet.
- Cook until slightly softened and bright green (about 3 min).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Cook spinach the same way.
- Mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan, salt (if using) and pepper.
- Slice toast in half. Place one half in the bottom of a 2 cup ramekin. Repeat with second one.
- Layer pasta sauce and filling alternately with part of the cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.