Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The tex-mex flavor give the classic meatloaf dish a new zip. I also have listed a Gr8 traditional meatloaf that is pretty tasty, check it out.
- 1 onion (small, chopped)
- 12 tortilla chips (1/2C finely crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the tortillas bits, onion, beef, 3/4C salsa, egg, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Kneed/mix until well blended.
- Spray cookie Sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions. Shap each to form round loaves on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Top each loaf with 1TBS salsa and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven for 5 mins to melt the cheese.