Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Loaded with berries, and pondcake cubes, then drizzled with chocolate sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 4 slices lb cake, cubed
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat, and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat, and stir in orange juice.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In 4 dessert glasses, or bowls, layer the sliced strawberries, cake cubes, and chocolate mixture.
I made 3 desserts but as my parfait glasses were on the smaller side I only used half the strawberries and cake but all the chocolate sauce was used and when making the sauce I used a premium milk chocolate and 1/2 cup of small squares was 80 grams (just under 3 oz). Thank you weekend cooker. made for 123 Hits tag game.
Loved the trifles!! I made this for my son's GF and I to have after our lunch out at a Chinese restaurant. I made my Mini Pound Cake (Serves 2-3) so it was perfect to serve the 2 of us. I made 1/2 of the chocolate sauce and forgot to add the OJ, but it was so good without it, that not sure if I would add it next time, lol!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats again on your Football Pool win.