Recipe by Marie
Saw Paula make these on tv yesterday and it looked super good! These are considered a sweet biscuit because the tops are sprinkled with sugar before baking.
- 1 quart strawberry, hulled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half, plus
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 8 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar together.
- Set aside until time to serve.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together flour, baking powder, salt and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Then pulse in the cold butter cubes until a coarse meal is formed.
- Turn the flour mixture out into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour in 2/3 cup half-and-half and gently mix it in with a rubber spatula or fork - be careful not to over mix the dough or the biscuits will be tough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and fold it over itself a couple of times until it just holds together.
- Pat the dough out to 3/4" thickness and cut out 8 round 3" biscuits.
- Transfer the biscuits to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush the tops of each biscuit with the remaining half and half and sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 400° oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the biscuits have risen and are a light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Split each biscuit, spoon some strawberries on the bottom piece, then whipped cream and top with the other biscuit half.
- Garnish with more strawberries.