1/4 Photos of Individual Strawberry-Orange Baked Oatmeal
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
Not only do the strawberry and orange pieces make this baked oatmeal taste wonderful, but they also stud the pale oatmeal with a wonderful deep red. My main complaint with baked oatmeal is the excess amount of sugar added, making it taste more like dessert. This oatmeal is only slightly sweet, with the option of adding additional honey to drizzle on top. The individual serving size is quite small (which allows one to enjoy the oatmeal with toast, fruit and milk for a complete, healthy breakfast) but the individual aspect also makes it quite pretty. Created for RSC #11.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 blood orange (zest, fruit and juice)
- 1/2 cup strawberry, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup skim milk
- honey, to drizzle on oatmeal after baking, if desired (optional)
- 1In a medium bowl add oats, oat bran, and ground flax.
- 2Zest the peel of one whole blood orange and add zest to the medium bowl. Cut the orange in half width wise (like you would a grapefruit). Run your knife around the fruit just inside the peel of the orange. Then cut along the membranes of the fruit sections. Scoop out the orange sections (ie the pulp only) with a spoon and add orange sections to the bowl. Squeeze out the juice remaining in the now fruitless orange halves into the bowl as well.
- 3Add chopped strawberries, honey, brandy extract, egg and milk into the bowl, stir until well mixed.
- 4Spray out 4 individual ramekin dishes (5oz) with cooking spray and equally divide oatmeal into the 4 dishes.
- 5Bake for 350F for 25-35 minutes. Oatmeal will be golden brown around the edges and will poof up slightly. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Strawberry-Orange Baked Oatmeal
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 56.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g