Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The idea for this came from my Holiday friend Loula. She posted about going out to dinner with her father and that he had a wonderful pizza with spinach and Gorgonzola. So with her encouragement this is what I came up with. Thank you Loula
- 3 pita bread, whole wheat
- 4 1⁄2-6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 6 ounces gorgonzola, block broken into chunks
- Pre heat oven to 400°F
- Spread 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons pesto sauce on each pita.
- Divide spinach equally amongst all three pitas.
- Top each pita with 2 ounces of chunked gorgonzola.
- Bake 10 minutes.
Seriously yummy. This combo of flavours really hit the spot (more so with DH and myself, but I didn't hear the kids complaining when they split the third pita). Thanks for a great and easy recipe!
These were very tasty, but I thought the combination of the pesto and gorgonzola made this a bit too salty. Maybe its because I have been dieting and not using as much salt! That's the only explanation I have for why this just didn't get it for me! Normally I love everything involved with this recipe, so I was surprised I couldn't rate this a 5. I truly enjoyed making this....Thanks for sharing the recipe!
WoooHoooo! This was soooo good! I used flat out flat bread intead of pita bread and I just did it for one. The toppings were spot on and so delicious! I will definitely be using this again and again and also, I will be trying it on my big pizzas too! Thanks for posting! [Made for Veggie Swap February 2010!]