Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sweet onion (Walla Walla)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup grated fresh asiago cheese
- 1 slice white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add butter to skillet; swirl pan until butter melts.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add half of the spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt, stirring often.
- Add remaining spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring often; remove pan from heat.
- Add flour to a small bowl, gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Stir flour mixture into spinach mixture; add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cook over med-high heat 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add in cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Divide mixture evenly among 4 (4 oz.) ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Place bread in a food processor; process until coarse crumbs measure ½ cup; add in parsley; pulse 3 times or until combined.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons bread crumb mixture over each serving.
- Broil 1 minute or until browned.