Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an "Arizona Republic" newspaper recipe.
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄3 cup tomato based chili sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tomato based chili sauce or 1⁄4 teaspoon catsup (optional)
- Combine the sausage, carrots, green pepper, onion, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup chili sauce, egg, parsley, pepper, garlic salt and sage; mix until thoroughly blended.
- Press sausage mixture into 12 greased medium sized (about 2& 1/2") muffin cups.
- Cover and chill if made ahead.
- Place muffin pan on a shallow rimmed pan to catch any drippings; then bake in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or until no longer pink when slashed in center with knife.
- Remove sausage loaves from pans and serve hot with additional chili sauce, if desired, to spoon over individual servings.
Made for Freezer Tag 2008, â€œRecipe #49570â€�, Individual Sausage Loafes. This recipe really surprised me. Even though I am always looking for new takes on Italian food, I somehow didnâ€™t expect this to be so good. Followed the recipe to a T, and it tasted wonderful. And DB gobbled up so many, I had to snatch the last 3 and stick them in the freezer right away, else he would have eaten them too. As for the frozen ones, I took them out of the freezer last night and put in the fridge, and DB had them with him for lunch with cold paste and a bit of pasta sauce. He heated it for 2Â½ minutes in the microwave at work, and said they tasted just as good as the first time. Thank you James, for posting.