Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
Nice neat portions. Delicious :P From Little Spatula (blog)
Top Review by theressaharrigan
I made this as a all in one casserole with sage sausage. I increased the servings which took me to 8 eggs but I only used 7 and I used low fat milk at the suggested serving and I used low fat cheese but used a reduced amount. I didn't have a bell pepper, but it tasted fine. I served this for dinner on a winter night along with fresh blueberry muffins that were made with fresh blue berries. I heeded the advice of prior comments and watched the time. I only baked it for 35 minutes and that was perfect baking time. It was a hit and it has been requested again. Next time when shopping for this recipe, I plan to use red onions and red bell peopers for color and more flavor.
- 1⁄4 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups bread, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Add in onion and bell pepper after the sausage has rendered a little fat.
- While the sausage browns, grease two ramekins and layer in the bread and cheese.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper; mix thouroughly.
- Pour egg mixture over bread and cheese. Top with browned sausage mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.