Recipe by thistleridge
One of my best gargage sale find was a cake mold that has 6 individual bundt pans. You can still buy them new but they are pricey. I have used it to make gingerbread cake too. This is impressive to serve at a holiday meal. Also, an unusual gift.
Top Review by Wolfer49
These smelled so good while baking. Great taste and texture. I only have one individual bundt pan so I used jumbo muffin pans. Recipe made 10 cakes. I used cinnamon almonds instead of walnuts. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped and roasted
- 18 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 cup eggnog, cold
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease and flour 12 individual or 1 10" bundt pan.
- Sprinkle nuts into bottom.
- Heat oven to 350 for individual bundts/325 for 10" pan.
- In a large bowl mix, cake mix, eggnog, oil, eggs, rum & nutmeg. Beat 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20 minutes individual bundts and 1 hour for 10" pan.
- Cool and remove.
- OPTIONAL: Prick cake with toothpick and using a pastry brush, brush on rum. Continue over the course of and hour. Let sit for several hours or overnight.