Recipe by PaulaG
This pizza is designed for the "adult" pallet and a great way to turn leftovers into a wonderful meal for 2. Serve with a side salad and pepperonci for a delightful and quick meal in less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Delicious! I didn't want the fact that I had no leftover beef in the house stop me from making this. So I got some Angus roast beef from the local deli. I also used a yellow pepper, as I don't care for the green. :)
- 2 (6 inch) pita bread rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 -3 ounces leftover cooked beef, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly brush the pita rounds with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning blend.
- Preheat remaining oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and cook until onion begins to brown lightly.
- Add the green bell pepper and cook until crisp tender.
- Add the roasted red pepper and leftover roast beef, cook stirring frequently until warm.
- Divide the meat and vegetable mixture evenly between the pita rounds, top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melted and pita rounds are hot.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and serve immediately.