Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
This is a classic treat, but it is usually made in a big batch. I came up with this individual version one day when I was scouring the pantry for something sweet. I guess you can pat it into a square if you REALLY want to be authentic, but that would probably be quite messy, time-consuming, and it's easier to just eat it right out of the bowl.
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (generic works fine)
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 teaspoon butter (I used buttery spread made with yogurt-Brummel & Brown's)
- Put the marshmallows and the butter in a medium bowl, and microwave it for about 20 seconds on HIGH. The marshmallows will puff a lot.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave, and stir in the cereal, making sure it is all coated in marshmallow.
Awesome!! I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (Light) spread. I bought Rice Krispies for another recipe and since I hardly ever eat cereal for breakfast I was trying to think of other ways to use it up. I didn't want to make a full 13x9 pan of Krispie treats since I know I'd eat them all within a few days but if I make these I can more easily spread that out over a few weeks (or months!) Thanks Greeny! :)
This was made, sampled, photographed and reviewed by the selfless, sacrificing DH because the dummy who tagged it is diabetic and WW and can't touch stuff like this. It made a very generous single serving or about four standard squares. The flavor was just what you remember and love. The texture was a bit loose but might have set up if allowed time to cool completely. Easy, fun, classic, and tasty! Made for PAC.
I used unsalted butter. It's a great recipe to do for a small dessert. It was eaten by me, DS and DH. So yummy. Thanks Greeny :) Made for cookbook tag game