Recipe by Greeny4444
This is a classic treat, but it is usually made in a big batch. I came up with this individual version one day when I was scouring the pantry for something sweet. I guess you can pat it into a square if you REALLY want to be authentic, but that would probably be quite messy, time-consuming, and it's easier to just eat it right out of the bowl.
Top Review by flower7
Awesome!! I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (Light) spread. I bought Rice Krispies for another recipe and since I hardly ever eat cereal for breakfast I was trying to think of other ways to use it up. I didn't want to make a full 13x9 pan of Krispie treats since I know I'd eat them all within a few days but if I make these I can more easily spread that out over a few weeks (or months!) Thanks Greeny! :)
- 1 cup Rice Krispies (generic works fine)
- 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3⁄4 teaspoon butter (I used buttery spread made with yogurt-Brummel & Brown's)
- Put the marshmallows and the butter in a medium bowl, and microwave it for about 20 seconds on HIGH. The marshmallows will puff a lot.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave, and stir in the cereal, making sure it is all coated in marshmallow.