Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great for a solo breakfast or any time of the day. Very easy to make multiples to serve more.
Make and share this Individual Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 78.07 ml milk
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml ground mustard
- 1 slice bread, crust removed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 14.79 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small skillet, brown sausage and drain.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard; set aside.
- Cube bread; place in a greased 8-oz. custard cup.
- Top with sausage and onion.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Doubled the recipe & made it for breakfast the other day ~ Followed the recipe but did use a whole grain bread that we like so much! Very, very nice taste, & a definite keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook tag}
This is more of a savory bread pudding than a quiche, but I'm not complaining - it's tasty whatever you call it! I had everything to make this except the sausage so I approximated the taste with some chopped mushrooms sauteed in a tiny bit of butter with a dash of poultry seasoning & basil. Otherwise followed the recipe using skim milk and whole grain bread. Will definitely be trying another time with sausage. Thanks so much for the recipe!