Recipe by Lennie
These are very tasty, easy, and keep well in the fridge. Makes 16, but my husband likes to eat 2 per serving!
- pastry for double-crust pie (your own or a mix)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out pastry into 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut 16 four-inch circles from pastry and line ungreased muffin cups with them.
- You will have to reroll a few times, but a mix for 2 crusts will yield exactly 16, at least it does for me.
- Loosely cover muffin pans with Saran and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until frothy, about 2 minutes; add remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Retrieve pastry shells from fridge and divide pumpkin mixture among them.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a tester inserted in centre of a tart comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream dusted with cinnamon.