Recipe by Sharon123
Yum! Easy and you can just make one pizza at a time or double the recipe if you want to. Quick to put together and the mushrooms and spinach add nutrition to the flavor. From Daydream Kitchen.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil, divided (olive oil is good)
- 4 pita bread
- 113.39 g sliced cremini mushrooms
- 473.18 ml firmly packed Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced (can use more if you love garlic)
- 236.59 ml marinara sauce (or spaghetti)
- 236.59 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF.
- Brush half of the vegetable oil on one side of the pitas and set aside.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil followed by the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and garlic, then stir until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a plate.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat. Place the pitas, oil side down, on a clean work surface and spread with an even amount of marinara sauce, followed by the mozzarella, the spinach mixture, Parmesan, and the oregano.
- Carefully place the pitas on the hot baking sheet and cook until the cheese has melted and browned, about 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut each pizza into 4 wedges and enjoy.