Yum! Easy and you can just make one pizza at a time or double the recipe if you want to. Quick to put together and the mushrooms and spinach add nutrition to the flavor. From Daydream Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided (olive oil is good)
- 4 pita bread
- 4 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups firmly packed Baby Spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced (can use more if you love garlic)
- 1 cup marinara sauce (or spaghetti)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 475ºF.
- 2Brush half of the vegetable oil on one side of the pitas and set aside.
- 3Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil followed by the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- 5Add the spinach and garlic, then stir until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- 6Transfer the spinach mixture to a plate.
- 7Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat. Place the pitas, oil side down, on a clean work surface and spread with an even amount of marinara sauce, followed by the mozzarella, the spinach mixture, Parmesan, and the oregano.
- 8Carefully place the pitas on the hot baking sheet and cook until the cheese has melted and browned, about 7 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool slightly, then cut each pizza into 4 wedges and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Pizzas With Mushrooms and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 869.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 16.4 g