Recipe by TGirl,RN
All the taste of a delicious pecan pie is captured in miniature tartlets. Easy to make with a total of 15 minutes cooking time make these the perfect treat for unexpected guests or busy weeknight desserts. These are also great for potlucks, bake sales, cookie swaps, or even in a gift basket.
Top Review by ~jb4~
It is early in the morning and as i was looking through the recently posted recipes I saw this. I had all the ingredients so, I made them. My kids are eating them for breakfast as we speak. They are the perfect size for little hands and they are amazing. I have 2 mini muffin pans, each holding 12 muffins. I think these will become a frequent quick dessert four family along with being put onto my annual Christmas cookie tray. Thank you TGirl for the great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- pecan halves, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare crust, cream butter and sugar, then add remaining ingredients.
- Divide mixture evenly into each compartment of a miniature muffin tin, press into place, and bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- To prepare filling, place butter, corn syrup and powdered sugar into pot and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon filling into baked shells, topping each tartlet with pecan half.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.