Recipe by ThymeWaits
I used raspberry flavored dried cranberries in this recipe. I make tea breads in an oversized muffin tin. The twelve muffins equal 2 loaves of tea bread. Of course the baking time for loaves would be longer than for the oversized muffins. Individually wrapped, they freeze well.
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups chopped pears
- 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk together flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
- Beat together Splenda, sugar and oil.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients slowly, scraping down bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in pears, cranberries and pecans.
- Spray oversized muffin tin with Pam.
- Spoon mounded 1/3-cup measuring cupfuls into each of 12 wells.
- Bake 375 for 25 minutes.