Having phyllo dough in the freezer comes in handy when you need to make dessert on a moment's notice. This peach pastry is a perfect example! Adapted from Martha Stewart's Healthy Quick Cookbook.
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Remove one sheet of phyllo from under the plastic wrap to a clean work surface. Brush it with half of the melted butter. Lay the second phyllo sheet on top and brush with the remaining butter. Cut the phyllo in half lengthwise, then quarter lengthwise, to make 8 rectangles.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment paper with cooking spray and place 4 of the rectangles onto the paper. Place the remaining rectangles on top of each, making four 4 4-layered pastries.
- Arrange about 10-12 peach slices on each pastry and sprinkle 1 teaspoons brown sugar over each.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pastry with an additional teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Return to the oven and bake 5-7 minutes more, until the sugar has melted and is bubbly.