Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 16 mins
Cut out circles of refrigerated pie crust dough are pressed into muffin cup tins, filled with a cooked peach mixture and baked. You can use frozen or fresh peaches for this recipe. Awesome served warm from the oven with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts (2 per pkg)
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced peaches, thawed or 2 cups sliced fresh peaches, well drained
- 2 tablespoons water (only if using frozen peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unfold pie crust onto lightly floured surface.
- Cut (4) 4 1/2" circles from each crust.
- Cut the scraps into strips or small uneven shapes.
- Place 1 pastry round in the center of a muffin tin and gently press the round down to fit the pan (dough will stick up around the edges).
- Repeat with remaining 7 round circles.
- Coarsely chop peaches and place them in a medium saucepan (with 2 tablespoons of water if they are frozen) or on their own if they are fresh.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring often, then simmer on low for about 5 to 7 minutes, then drain.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with the flour and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir into peaches.
- Spoon 1/4 cup peach mixture into each pastry lined cup and place 3 to 4 strips of dough over the top of each.
- Press the edges of the dough inward toward the fruit.
- Place cold bits of butter evenly on top of the pastry strips and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let pan cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Run a knife around edges of each cobbler and lift them up from the bottoms with your knife.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
These were so easy to make, and every one was SO impressed!!!! We had them for Thanksgiving dessert, and the kids have already made them several times since as easy snacks!!!
very easy to make, and tastes great!
I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and forgot to review them! These were easy to make, tasted delicious and my children really liked having their own cobbler. I want to try this again using some fresh peaches. Thanks for sharing.