Recipe by Sharon123
You could make a big crumble, but it's much more fun and special to have your own personal one! A dollop of a good vanilla ice cream is the icing on the cake, so to speak! :) Adapted from Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook.
Top Review by djmastermum
I followed every step exactly, only difference was I didn't have any peaches ... I used mixed berries and cherres, and it was really nice. A bit sweet, but still nice. The lemon zest and juice gave it a nice refreshing flavour.
- 2 lbs firm ripe peaches (6-8)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white flour
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 lb cold unsalted butter, diced (1 stick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Place peaches in boiling water to cover for 30 seconds-1 minute, until skins peel off easily. Place them right away into cold water.
- Peel peaches, slice into thick wedges, and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar and flour. Toss well to coat.
- Gently mix in blueberries. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into ramekins or custard cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and butter in bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the butter is the size of peas(you can do this by hand too if need be). Rub the mixture with your fingertips until it is in big crumbles, then sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the tops are browned and crisp and the juices are nice and bubbly.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
- You may make these earlier in the day, keep in the fridge and bake just before dinner. Enjoy!