Prep 12 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are so quick and easy. I make them after dinner that way they are nice and gooey. You will need 4 small ramekins. My oven is weird so I cook for maybe 9 minutes I check often to mke sure they are still jiggly. After remving from oven I run a knife around the edges before unmolding. I use a combination of dark and semi sweet chocolate
- 113.39 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Butter and flour four 4-ounce ramekins.
- Melt chocolate with butter. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed in a deep bowl, 8 minutes, until thick and pale. Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Whisk in flour.
- Pour batter into ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake 14 minutes, or until cakes have risen and have a thin crust, sides are set and cakes are slightly jiggly in the center; under baking is better than over baking.
- Carefully invert each cake onto a serving plate and let sit 20 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of mold; cake will fall onto plate. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.
Very Good & easy! I melted the chocolate & butter in the microwave. Should have watched these closer, they were past gooey at 14 minutes, but they were still good. I added about a 1/2 tsp of vanilla and a dash of salt. Kids loved having their own special dessert.
Tasty, but there was no "lava" in the ones I made. I baked for the entire 14 minutes @ 450F as the recipe said, and they looked like they were going to ooze, but when we put our spoons in, it was solid cake. Disappointed. My oven tends towards the cool side so I figured the full 14 minutes was OK. Oh well...
These are wonderful! Easy and good. I used chocolate chips (4 oz is 2/3 cup) and 1/2 teasp vanilla. At 14 minutes they looked too gooey so I put them back and overcooked them. Even overcooked they are good - like brownies. The second time I got it right!