Recipe by wicked cook 46
These are so quick and easy. I make them after dinner that way they are nice and gooey. You will need 4 small ramekins. My oven is weird so I cook for maybe 9 minutes I check often to mke sure they are still jiggly. After remving from oven I run a knife around the edges before unmolding. I use a combination of dark and semi sweet chocolate
Top Review by KerryB5
Very Good & easy! I melted the chocolate & butter in the microwave. Should have watched these closer, they were past gooey at 14 minutes, but they were still good. I added about a 1/2 tsp of vanilla and a dash of salt. Kids loved having their own special dessert.
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Butter and flour four 4-ounce ramekins.
- Melt chocolate with butter. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed in a deep bowl, 8 minutes, until thick and pale. Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Whisk in flour.
- Pour batter into ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake 14 minutes, or until cakes have risen and have a thin crust, sides are set and cakes are slightly jiggly in the center; under baking is better than over baking.
- Carefully invert each cake onto a serving plate and let sit 20 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of mold; cake will fall onto plate. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.