Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- confectioners' sugar
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 450°F Butter and flour four 4-ounce ramekins; butter and flour again.
- Melt chocolate with butter. Remove from heat. Beat eggs, yolks and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed in a deep bowl, 8 minutes, until thick and pale. Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Whisk in flour.
- Pour batter into ramekins. Place on baking sheet and bake 14 minutes, or until cakes have risen and have a thin crust, the sides are set and they are slightly jiggly in the center; underbaking is better than overbaking.
- Carefully invert each cake onto a serving plate and let sit 20 seconds. Unmold by lifting up one corner of mold; cake will fall onto plate. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar and serve immediately.