Baked in coffee cups, this fun and tasty mocha-flavored bread pudding is a simple affair but by no means plain. Adapted from Cook's Illustrated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- butter, for greasing cups
- 4 -5 slices firm white bread, cut into 1 1/2 inch squares (Pepperidge Farm Hearty White recommended)
- 3 tablespoons chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1Whisk the eggs and 1/3 cup sugar together in a large bowl. Whisk in the milk, 1 cup of heavy cream, espresso and vanilla. Transfer to a large measuring cup.
- 2Place four 1-cup oven-safe coffee cups or ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Grease cups with butter.
- 3Arrange 4 bread squares in the bottom of each cup, overlapping the pieces so they fit snugly. Sprinkle with 1 heaping tablespoon of the chocolate.
- 4Make a second layer using 4-5 bread pieces and top with remaining chocolate.
- 5Gently pour custard equally over the tops. Let set for 20 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 7Bake until pudding is set but still wobbly when shaken, 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes or to room temperature.
- 8Make topping by beating together sugar and cream until soft peaks form. Dollop atop puddings, dust with cocoa and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Mochaccino Bread Puddings
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 230.3 mg
- Sodium 271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 22.8 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: