Recipe by Bergy
These are great for brunch or as an appetizer You pick. Hope you try these on a brunch buffet they will quickly disappear.
Top Review by BothFex
Made these for a tropical buffet I put together for our local Chamber. I changed a few things- I could only find filo dough gem sized tart shells. So I proceeded using these. I didn't have to brown the shells prior to filling, and the filling itself went a lot further (I made 45 quiches and still had filling left). Still all in all things went well. There weren't any left! I'll be making these again.
- 36 frozen mini tart shells
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, cooked, chopped (save 36 shrimp whole)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (Tabasco "or" peri-peri "or" your choice)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup your favorite cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the tart shells in a 375°F oven for about 5 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the shrimp (except for 36 you have set aside for garnish).
- Beat together the eggs and cottage cheese.
- Stir in the chopped shrimp, Parmesan, chives, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Spoon the cooked, shrimp mixture into the tarts shells.
- Top with grated cheese and the reserve shrimp.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden or until they arepuffed and golden.