1 hr 5 mins
A great little dessert for a very special occasion - or not. These cheesecakes are not difficult to make at all, are a great presentation, and one class act.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, plus
- sugar, for coating the ramekins
- 2 tablespoons pear brandy
- lemon, zest of, three 1/2 inch wide strips
- 3 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 2 star anise pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 ripe bartlett pears, peeled, halved lengthwise and cored
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1In a saucepan, combine ¾ cup of the sugar with the brandy, lemon zest, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean, star anise, cloves and 1 ½ cups of water; bring to a boil over high heat, then add the pears; lower the heat, set a plate on the pears to submerge them and simmer until tender, about 3 minutes; transfer the pears to a plate to cool; boil the liquid until reduced to a syrup, about 4 minutes; strain and let cool.
- 2Butter nine ½-cup ramekins and coat with sugar; trim the pears so that they’re 2 inches long, then slice them ¼ inch thick; fan the slices, overlapping slightly, in the prepared ramekins and add 1 tsp of the poaching syrup to each.
- 3Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 4Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy; beat in the remaining ¾ cup sugar until smooth, then beat in the mascarpone; add the vanilla and then the eggs, one at a time; spoon the batter into the ramekins and set them in a roasting pan; add enough hot water to the pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the sides of the ramekins; bake for about 35 minutes, or until just set; transfer to a rack to cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- 5Run a knife around each cheesecake and invert onto a plate; spoon a little of the reserved poaching liquid around each cheesecake and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Mini Poached Pear Cheesecakes
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 247.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.2 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
star anise pods