Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I made these for my husband's office Christmas party.
Top Review by JenWSU
I would not reccomend this recipe. If left out of the freezer to serve, even for five minutes, these "cheesecakes" become mush. Also, the sweetened condensed milk gave them a funny taste. The peppermint flavor was also too strong...might as well just eat a candy cane. Maybe the directions were written wrong...in any case this recipe needs some adjustment. Sorry to be so harsh.
- 18 vanilla wafers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup crushed hard peppermint candy
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed and divided
- crushed hard peppermint candy, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Set out 18 foil muffin or cupcake cups.
- Place 1 vanilla wafer in each cup and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese at high speed, using an electric mixer, until creamy.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup crushed candy, and food coloring; stir until well blended.
- Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip.
- Spoon mixture evenly into muffin cups.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip (I pipe it on top) and sprinkle crushed peppermint on top.