Recipe by TheDancingCook
This recipe is great for picky eaters. You can leave out onions on some loaves, and can melt shredded cheese or tomato sauce onto others. Also great as a leftover: cold meatloaf sandwich with mayo, lettuce and tomato.
Top Review by Shari2
These were very easy and quick to make. I didn't add onion this time because I was short on time and didn't feel like chopping them. Next time I will add the onion and some garlic. This was great comfort food. I served them with mashed potatoes and salad. Very good!! Thanks for posting this Tara:-)
- 2 lbs meatloaf mixture (ground pork, beef and veal)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (3 slices bread in food processor)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, torn in halves
- tomato sauce (optional) or shredded cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak bread crumbs in milk and add beaten egg.
- Add meat, onion& seasonings.
- Form into mini loaves and place on top of 1/2 bread slices on a cookie sheet.
- (the bread halves will soak up the grease) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Discard bread halves.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy& vegetable.