Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is great for picky eaters. You can leave out onions on some loaves, and can melt shredded cheese or tomato sauce onto others. Also great as a leftover: cold meatloaf sandwich with mayo, lettuce and tomato.
- 2 lbs meatloaf mixture (ground pork, beef and veal)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (3 slices bread in food processor)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bread, torn in halves
- tomato sauce (optional) or shredded cheese (optional)
- Soak bread crumbs in milk and add beaten egg.
- Add meat, onion& seasonings.
- Form into mini loaves and place on top of 1/2 bread slices on a cookie sheet.
- (the bread halves will soak up the grease) Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Discard bread halves.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, gravy& vegetable.
These were very easy and quick to make. I didn't add onion this time because I was short on time and didn't feel like chopping them. Next time I will add the onion and some garlic. This was great comfort food. I served them with mashed potatoes and salad. Very good!! Thanks for posting this Tara:-)