I adopted this recipe after Mean Chef (IHHDRO) left the site. I have not yet prepared it, but will add input when I have a chance. Bon appetit - Babbo Restaurant
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter twelve 3/4-cup custard cups.
- 2Sprinkle raw sugar in each buttered cup, turning to coat bottom and sides and tapping out excess raw sugar.
- 3Arrange prepared custard cups in large roasting pan.
- 4Bring maple syrup to boil in heavy large deep saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and boil gently until maple syrup is reduced to 1 cup, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes (syrup will bubble vigorously).
- 6Remove saucepan from heat and stir in whipping cream (mixture will bubble up high).
- 7Return saucepan to medium heat and simmer until any crystallized bits dissolve and mixture is reduced to 1 cup, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes.
- 8Cool completely.
- 9Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 10Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until smooth.
- 11Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then beat in vanilla extract.
- 12Add mascarpone cheese and beat just until blended and smooth.
- 13Add cooled maple syrup mixture to cheese mixture and beat until well blended.
- 14Pour batter into prepared custard cups, dividing equally.
- 15Add enough hot water to roasting pan to come halfway up sides of custard cups.
- 16Bake until cheesecakes are light golden on top and centers move slightly when custard cups are gently shaken, about 1 hour.
- 17Cool in water bath 15 minutes.
- 18Remove custard cups from water bath.
- 19Refrigerate uncovered overnight.
- 20(Cheesecakes can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated.) Run small sharp knife around sides of cheesecakes to loosen.
- 21Place dessert plate atop 1 cheesecake.
- 22Invert cheesecake onto plate; shake gently to release.
- 23Repeat with remaining cheesecakes.
- 24Garnish each with fresh berries and fresh mint sprigs, if desired.
- 25Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Mini Maple and Mascarpone Cheesecakes
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.7
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.2 mg
- Sodium 115.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 48.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: