My friend Robyn gave me this recipe a few years back. They're excellent to bring to holiday gatherings.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxduncun hines moist deluxe yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place 2 1/2 inch paper or foil liners in 24 muffin cups.
- For crust, combine dry cake mix and melted butter in large bowl.
- Beat at a low speed with an electric mixer for one minute (mixture will be crumbly).
- Divide mixture evenly in muffin cups (level but do not press).
- For filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until mixture is set.
- For topping, combine sour cream and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Spoon evenly over cheesecakes.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Garnish each cheesecake with cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.