Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Super light recipe with a beautiful presentation! From health.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped zucchini
- 8 egg whites or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 1 minute.
- Add bell pepper and zucchini; cook 4 minutes.
- Combine egg whites, feta cheese, chopped basil, and black pepper, stirring well with a whisk.
- Spoon vegetable mixture evenly into 6 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; pour egg white mixture over vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes, or until set.