Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe to make it a lower carb. The sauce on this is so good, I could eat it like a soup! I like to use baby bella mushrooms, but button mushrooms work too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (the kind that comes in a can)
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Make meatloaves:.
- Place all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix with your hands until evenly mixed.
- Shape into a loaf about 1 1/2 inches thick, then shape into 4 individual oval patties.
- Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium high, then add patties.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes per side, then remove to shallow baking pan and place in 350 degree oven while you make the sauce.
- In the same skillet, melt butter.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms, and saute them until browned and most of the liquid has cooked out.
- Slowly pour sherry into pan to deglaze the pan. Sprinkle tarragon over sherryLet boil until most of the liquid is gone again.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly stir in beef broth. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in cream.
- Take meatloaves out of the oven, and place on serving platter. Stir any juices that have collected in the pan into the sauce.
- Pour sauce over meatloaves and serve.