1/1 Photo of Individual Meat Loaves (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
1 hr 15 mins
Copyright 2005, Ina Garten. We made these instead of burgers for one of the "picnic, hamburger & hot dog" cookout holidays. We have a disadvantage here at the home, the resident's will ignore any food they don't recognize. So we tried these and they loved them! Yay! These are even good enough for company!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 lbs 81% lean ground chuck
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs (recommended Progresso)
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup (recommended Heinz)
- 1Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a medium sauté pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. (We cooked ours longer, as we like them caramelized, 10-15 minutes).
- 3Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken broth, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork.
- 5DON'T MASH or meatloaf will be dense.
- 6Divide the mixture into 6(10-11 oz)portions.(That is what the recipe calls for but we made them about 4-6 oz).
- 7Then shape each portion into a small loaf on a baking sheet.
- 8Spread about a tablespoon of ketchup on top of each portion.
- 9Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the internal temperature is 155º-160ºF and the meat loaves are cooked through.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Meat Loaves (Barefoot Contessa) Ina Garten
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 1008.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lean ground chuck