Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Ina Garten recipe.
Make and share this Individual Meat Loaves recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions (3 onions)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leave
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup canned chicken stock or 1⁄3 cup broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck (81 percent lean)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs (recommended -- Progresso)
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (recommended -- Heinz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly. In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meatloaf will be dense. Divide the mixture into 6 (10 to 11-ounce) portions and shape each portion into a small loaf on a sheet pan. Spread about a tablespoon of ketchup on the top of each portion. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the internal temperature is 155 to 160 degrees F and the meat loaves are cooked through. Serve hot.