Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Snacks and desserts are my life-savers while on a low carb diet. These little individual cheesecakes really hit the spot sometimes.
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature (8-ounces each)
- 1 1⁄4 cups artificial sweetener (for baking)
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat cream cheese for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Gradually incorporate sweetener and beat until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, until combined. Mix in vanilla and lemon zest. Blend in the sour cream. Be careful not to over-beat the mixture, as it will incorporate too much air, causing the cakes to puff when baking, then fall and crack when cooling.
- Line cupcake pan with foil (they come out much better than with paper) liners. Fill cups with mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Cheesecakes should still jiggle, they will firm up after they have been chilled.
- Remove from baking pan, cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.