Boyz 5's Note:
These warm, light as a feather soufflés hold their shape for a good 5 minutes before starting to deflate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
- 1Grease 6 3/4 cup ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the sugar evenly over ramekins. Place on baking sheet; set aside.
- 2In saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, for 1 minute.
- 3Whisk in milk until smooth; cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4Whisk in half of the remaining sugar and the lime rind. Whisk in egg yolks, 1 at a time. Return to heat and cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in lime juice. Transfer to large bowl.
- 5In separate bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Fold one-quarter into yolk mixture; gently fold in remaining whites.
- 6Divide among prepared ramekins. Bake in center of 375°F oven for about 15 minutes or until puffed and almost firm to the touch.
- 7GARNISH: Dust with icing sugar. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Lime Souffles
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.0 mg
- Sodium 84.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: