This recipe is made using ramekins, but you can also make a pie by doubling the ingredients and baking in a graham cracker crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 2 eggs, separated (the yolk is for this section)
- 1 lime (see note for important instructions)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- 1LIME PREP: Cut the lime not exactly in half, but about 1/3 of the bottom part off. cut the smaller section in quarters and reserve, wrapping in plastic wrap. To the 2/3 section, zest 1/2 teaspoon of zest, then using a fork, push the tines up into the meat and squeeze and twist the lime over a small glass to get the juice out. Discard and just reserve the juice.
- 2YOLK MIXTURE: In a small saucepan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar, flour, and cornstarch, stirring to incorporate. Slowly whisk the warm heavy cream into the mixture. Bring to a boil, and reduce to low heat, stirring constantly, simmer until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- 3Mix egg yolks into a medium sized bowl until light and fluffy. When the heavy cream mixture is ready, slowly whisk it into the egg yolks a little at a time to temper them. Cover and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 4Stir in lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla into the yolk mixture and set aside.
- 5WHITES MIXTURE: In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites, sugar. and salt at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped whites into the cooled egg yolk mixture.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F Spray the insides of the ramekins with spray butter. Divide the souffle batter among the ramekins. Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 30-35 minutes. Top with toasted coconut and garnish each with the wedges of lime. Serve warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Lime Souffles
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 156.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g