Recipe by Mary K. W.
From the Weight Watchers weekly newsletter from a while back. Each 1-cup serving is 2 points.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 4 egg whites, large
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat six 1-cup souffle dishes with cooking spray.
- Coat with 2 tablespoons sugar, tapping out excess so dishes are evenly coated.
- In a small saucepan, stir together remaining sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in lemon juice and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until boiling, thick and translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff. Fold into lemon base.
- Divide among souffle dishes and smooth tops.
- Set in a roasting pan and add hot water to come up halfway on sides of dishes.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve immediately.