Recipe by Debbwl
These little meat loaves from Better Homes and Gardens anyone can cook are a nice cheese change from your everyday meatloaf.
Top Review by WiGal
Delicious make ahead! Used 1 pound of ground beef, omitted the salt, and put about 4 spinach leaves in each with the cheese/prosciutto. I made mine a bit too thick-- should have flattened them more. And after looking at my photo realize that I forgot to put the Parmesan on-next time will. Thank you Deb for sharing.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 14 ounces pasta sauce, DIVIDED (I used 2 cups home made)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb, fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese (I used 2 sticks string cheese) or 2 sticks mozzarella string cheese (I used 2 sticks string cheese)
- 4 slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces)
- 9 ounces spinach fettuccine, Fresh (for big eaters or teens you may want to use more than 9 ounces)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F In a medium bowl combine egg, 1/4 cup of the pasta sauce, the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well.
- Cut mozzarella cheese block into four 2 1/4x3/4x1/2 inch logs or cut each string cheese stick in half crosswise. Wrap a lice of prosciutto around each cheese log. Shape one-fourth of the beef mixture around each cheese log to form a loaf. Flatten the four meat loaves to 1 1/2 inches thick and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 F on an instant-read thermometer. Meanwhile, prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain well and keep warm. In a small saucepan heat remaining pasta sauce over medium heat until bubbly.
- Arrange meat loaves over hot fettuccine. Spoon sauce over top and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.