Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Found this recipe on the Duncan Hines web site. Have not made it yet, but it sure looks awesome. Would be great served with vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and mix well.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla and mix.
- Spoon evenly into six ungreased 10 oz custard cups.
- Place cups on a 15x10 baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of this mixture evenly over batter in each cup.
- Pour 1/4 cup hot water evenly over top in each cup.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until center is set and firm.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Wasn't too fond of this until I poured a wee bit o' cream on it - made all the difference. Must be served with ice cream. I've seen similar recipes but never tried them. Think I'd rather use my chocolate calories differently.