Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Source: Canadian Living Everyday Cookbook Special. This dinner is so easy to prepare that the kids can make it. It's perfect for those days when everyone need to eat dinner at a different time. It's also a favourite of Dh's
Top Review by KLBoyle
This was really good! I wanted to use barbeque sauce but when I started to prepare the meal realized I was out so I subbed a creamy balsamic dressing. On taste alone I would probably give it 4 stars but the ease of preperation definitely bumps it up to a solid 5 :) I will most definitely be making this again and again, thank you so much for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef, regular
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 large onions or 2 medium onions
- 2 potatoes, peeled or 2 potatoes, well scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons ketchup or 4 tablespoons chili sauce or 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 small carrots
- 4 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Shape beef into 4 flat patties and place each in the centre of a piece of foil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder, if using.
- Peel onion, cut into 4 thick slices and place on top of each patty.
- Cut potato into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on top of onion.
- Spread with ketchup or sauce.
- Peel carrots and cut into strips.
- Place on top of potato slices.
- Sprinkle with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Dot with butter.
- Bring sides of foil up over meat and vegetables and enclose in packets.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 60 to 75 minutes in 375F oven.