Recipe by PSU Lioness
I haven't tried this yet but it sounds pretty good. I found it in a Taste of Home Cooking for 2 magazine.
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide coconut between two ungreased 6 oz custard cups.
- Drizzle with caramel topping.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups.
- Place a steamer rack inside a large skillet. Pour water into skillet until it comes almost to the top of the rack. Place custard cups on rack.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 10-12 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cup.
- Unmold flans onto dessert plates; serve warm.