Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Fatfree Vegan Kitchen
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 ounce about 1/4 cup white chocolate, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light-brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- Make the batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
- Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in another medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture and milk, then the chocolate.
- Make the topping: Stir sugars in a small bowl, smoothing any lumps. Sift in cocoa powder; stir to combine.
- Place 3 ramekins (each 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches deep) on a baking sheet. Pour in batter.
- Sprinkle with topping. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water into each. Bake until set, 25 to 28 minutes. Top with ice cream; serve immediately.