Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is an OLD recipe from Armour Star Lard handed down from my grandmother. My grandfather used to work for Armour. I substitute shortening for the lard!
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
These are so tender and tasty!! I doubled the batch and got 18 cakes. I used Recipe #87689 since I didn't have any cake flour and it worked great. I put all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mixed them with a whisk instead of sifting them together. The only thing I would recommend is, make sure you combine the sugar and cinnamon before adding the pecans. I store my pecans in the freezer so all the cinnamon stuck to them rather than mixing with the sugar when I put all three ingredients together. We still loved them but it did make the pecans a bit 'strong'. An excellent recipe! Thanks Karen!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup lard, melted (I use shortening)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Add melted shortening and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Combine topping ingredients and and sprinkle evenly over each cake.
- Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.
- For the Vegetarian option use Vegetable shortening.