This is an OLD recipe from Armour Star Lard handed down from my grandmother. My grandfather used to work for Armour. I substitute shortening for the lard!
- Stir dry ingredients together.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Add melted shortening and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- Combine topping ingredients and and sprinkle evenly over each cake.
- Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.
- For the Vegetarian option use Vegetable shortening.