1/4 Photos of Individual Coffee Cakes
This is an OLD recipe from Armour Star Lard handed down from my grandmother. My grandfather used to work for Armour. I substitute shortening for the lard!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lard, melted (I use shortening)
- 1Stir dry ingredients together.
- 2Combine slightly beaten eggs and milk and add to dry ingredients.
- 3Add melted shortening and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- 4Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full of batter.
- 5Combine topping ingredients and and sprinkle evenly over each cake.
- 6Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes.
- 7For the Vegetarian option use Vegetable shortening.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Individual Coffee Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (615 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 143.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 4.1 g