Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wow! I took these little gems to a party last night and literally had people fighting over them! They are great on their own, but BEG to be served with vanilla ice cream. (don't be afraid of the rum...you can hardly taste it)
- 6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 12-1/2 cup muffin tins.
- In a double boiler (or bowl over pot of water), melt chocolate with butter, whisking til smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sugar.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add reamining ingredients, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Divide batter among prepared tins (with 1/3 cup scoops, then top off each), and bake until tester comes out clean 20-25 minutes.
- Turn cakes out onto rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
These are SUPER delicious!! I used Baker's unsweetened chocolate, and increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons. These are not overly sweet, and have a fantastic chocolate flavor. Just to be really decadent, I put a scoop of chocolate ice cream alongside the cupcakes and drizzled chocolate sauce on top. Wow! Thanks Lisa, I'll definitely make these again!